Your rights, your information and how we use it
Who we are
How to contact us
53 wellhall road
Email : [email protected]
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
• Information about who you are, e.g. your name, address, email, telephone numbers
• Information connected to your purchases including date of purchase, artwork name and price
• Information about your contact with us e.g. mailings, emails, phone calls.
• Photographs of you and testimonials given by you to be used on social media and our website where permission has been granted by you.
What are cookies?
• Persistent cookies – these stay valid, and will work until their expiry date (unless you delete them before they expire)
• Session cookies – these expire when you close your web browser
Where we collect your information
We will only collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
• A purchase or enquiry
• Telephone conversations with us
• Emails or letters you send to us
• Our online services such as websites, social media and mobile device application (‘Apps’)
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
• Consent: Africa Wildlife Art may collect and process your personal data with your freely given, explicit consent for specific purposes (e.g. actively subscribing to our email list). You may opt out at any time.
• Contractual Obligations: Africa Wildlife Art will require your personal data to carry out our contractual obligations to you. For example, if you would like your purchase delivered, Africa Wildlife Art will collect your address and contact details from you and pass these on to our courier.
• Legal Obligations: Africa Wildlife Art may collect or process your personal data if required to do so in accordance with our legal obligations laid down by European Union law (where relevant) and by English Laws applicable to us in the United Kingdom. In the case that we are required by law to disclose your personal data, Africa Wildlife Art would do so only with the assurance that such an action was necessary in complying with judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process.
• Legitimate Interests: In specific situations, Africa Wildlife Art may collect or process your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. Such situations include using your address or contact details to process sales, deliveries and returns, as well as using your address details or purchase history to send you tailored, direct marketing information by email or post to tell you about specific artwork or services we think might interest you. If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our artwork.
Who we may share your information with.
The only organisation which has access to your information is our nominated IT and Software Support provider who must operate within the rules of GDPR and subsequent Data Protection protocols. We will never sell your details to another organisation.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards
Where your information is processed
The majority of your information is processed in the UK.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our security controls are aligned with industry standards and good practice; providing a controlled environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information.
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our artwork and event information while you are a customer. We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Africa Wildlife Art uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Africa Wildlife Art to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
How to make a complaint.
53 wellhall road
Email : [email protected]
You may also address your complaint to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence. If you do not agree with our privacy policies, please do not use the site.